Amazon's Leadership Principles
The following is my abridgment of Amazon's "Leadership Principles".
- start with the customer and work backwards (Customer Obsession)
- are owners (Ownership)
- Invent and Simplify
- use judgement and instinct to understand when they are right or wrong (Are Right, A Lot)
- continue to Learn and Be Curious
- Hire and Develop the Best
- Insist on the Highest Standards
- Think Big
- prefer calculated risks to inaction (Bias for Action)
- accomplish more with less (Frugality)
- Earn Trust
- operate at any and all levels (Dive Deep)
- challenge decisions when they disagree, and do not compromise for comfort (Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit)
- Deliver Results
- Military leadership definitions
- Leadership vs. Management
Army Leadership. Army Doctrine Publication No. 6-22. Headquarters, Department of the Army. 2012-08-01.
How to Win Friends & Influence People. Dale Carnegie. 1937.
Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t. Simon Sinek. 2014-01-07.
Leadership Principles. Amazon.
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable. Patrick Lencioni. 2002-04-11.
The New One Minute Manager. Ken Blanchard & Johnson Spencer. 2015-04-05.